Ads

Sunday, March 18, 2018

2018-11 – Homer St. Café, Kim’s Convenience, House Plants

Once in a lifetime events – birthdays, weddings, bridal showers… Reasons to splurge and have a good time!

Last night, we were at the Homer St. Café for J’s staggette:
Homer St Cafe - Cheesecake

The meal was family style, just like at Nightingale for B’s birthday. We started with the appetizers – olives and cheese, salad, a dip of some… fish, hummus:

Homer St Cafe - Appetizers

Gnudi, with oozy stringy cheese:
Homer St Cafe - Gnudi

Beef cheeks, super tender:

Homer St Cafe - Beef Cheeks

A pile of potatos and coleslaw, pitcher of gravy:

Homer St Cafe - Potatoes

We also had the lingcod and chicken, cauliflower and brussel sprouts. The portions look small on the plates, but we were more than stuffed!

I forgot about saving room for dessert – chocolate pudding, peanut butter cookies with nutella cream, and in the photo at the very top, a cheesecake with apple compote. I could eat that nutella cream all day.
Homer St Cafe

The food was good, and I hear the happy hour and brunch meals are delicious too. I don’t think I’ll come back too soon on my own for no reason, just because it was quite pricey (about $100 with drinks and tips). Food was good enough, so find me another excuse to visit again soon and I'll be there.

Homer St. Cafe & Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Great time with some great girls, J has good taste in friends. I think I’m too old now for a “wild night” out though. Sometimes, I just want to stay home, watch Netflix (Kim's Convenience, as recommended by M), and watch my houseplants grow:

20180318_125910

Got rid of most if not all of the spider mites on the plant, and after 2 weeks, I see signs of growth! See the little leaves sprouting from the old leaves?

Yes, I'm a real homebody at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment