Ads

Sunday, January 21, 2018

2018-3 – TOUR OF AMERICA IN A WEEK (Part 1)

This week started with a delayed flight from Toronto to Detroit, so that we barely had time for dinner. I didn’t get to try Detroit style square pizza!

On a brighter note, we did find this awesome little coffee shop, in Ohio:

IMG_20180120_165235_134

Maddie and Bella opened up in Perrysburg a few months ago, and their beans were still roasted out of some dude’s garage, when I asked them about it last week. I think they mentioned that they had purchased a warehouse somewhere closeby to do all the roasting, but not sure if that’s happened yet. We had the avocado on toast and the Elvis (banana, hazelnut butter, and… I think chocolate? on toast). Cappuccino to balance the sweetness of the Elvis toast.

The rest of the trip was not bad, despite sleeping only 3 hours in Detroit (baby crying next door, pipes, heater/air conditioner rumbling all night), and a 2nd delay from Detroit to Philadelphia. We spent about 8 hours in Philadelphia, with 6 hours of sleep and the rest travelling from airport to hotel to next city… The Hyatt at The Bellevue was amazing to stay at, and I really wish we had a bit more time to explore this really clean looking city.

IMG_20180120_165640_058

I think I learned a lot on this trip, especially about how much sleep I really need while on the go. Delays, cancellations, shit happens, but something special might be waiting at the end of all the chaos.

Head to New York...
...or Orlando, Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment