Ads

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN

Life ain’t fair, and in a world like today’s, when it feels like the end of the world almost everyday, I’ll just do my best to enjoy what I can and help as many people enjoy their day as best I can. For example, I will go and eat some really great food. 

C and I went to Heritage Asian Eatery a few weeks ago, and I came across these photos on my phone, which reminded me of how awesome that little shop was. One of these was the duck bowl and the other was the pork bowl:

Rice bowl at Heritage

3 bao’s to go for H, stuffed with meat and fresh veggies:
Bao at Heritage

I thought these had the right amount of sauce/meat to rice (or bao) ratio. The eggs were cooked perfectly (by that, I mean the yolks were runny enough but the whites were not too soft). I want to come back to try the brunch one day, but I have too many other places on my list right now.

Heritage Asian Eatery Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

I am sort of trying to save money, so eating at home more is on my list of goals for the next 2 months. This is proving to be quite difficult. I already knew that this year would not be a good year for saving money from reading Your Chinese Horoscope 2017 by Neil Somerville. I’m pretty much ready for next year to start, I’m getting tired of typing “2017”.

PS: I'm so super tired today. I think I'm letting the unfairness of this whole situation bring me down, because I just don't know how to let this go without some sort of... admonishment. When somebody does something wrong, they should own up to it and not waste all of our limited time here, arguing that it was something else that caused the glitch. Either that, or get bitched out when we find out it really wasn't the fault of anything else. It's frustrating to me that I can't just let this go...

PPS: The Queen of the Night in our basement started blooming last night! It was spectacular. This is what life should be about.

No comments:

Post a Comment