Ads

Monday, September 11, 2017

88/104 DRAINAGE

This was the weekend where I visited the same cafe twice, so that I could experience nature and try out pretty looking food. We couldn’t coordinate a hike, so instead, we went to Cafe La Foret to surround ourselves with trees:

IMG_20170911_193823_966

The coffee beans are from Timbertrain and Phil & Seb, so can’t go wrong there. H and I went on Saturday, after R’s wedding (more on this later), and got the berry tart and a flat white:

IMG-20170909-WA0002

I sorta liked the tart, it was very crumbly and it looked so pretty I almost didn’t want to eat it. The berries were tart, as they should be on a tart. H wasn’t feeling well, so he had hot water. The place was so busy that there was nowhere else for all the guests to sit, and the line up almost went out the door! Very slow service, but I guess they didn’t expect this type of reception on only their 1st week opening.

I liked the atmosphere enough to want to come back again the next day with M and Cx2 so that we could try the other food. Little did we know, the pastries weren’t ready yet on Sunday, even around 1:30PM. It was also very busy, and their bar was rather unorganized. My coffee got stolen, as some lady budged in line before me to pick up her small latte. I was not impressed. We had our coffees and left…

20170910_123933

So disappoint. There are so many other places to visit, I don’t know when I’ll find time to come back to this little oasis in the middle of the busy Metrotown area, but I probably won’t come again on a weekend.

H is still sick after almost a week. We missed the 2nd portion of R’s wedding, and I had to stay off social media to avoid the FOMO. It was still a busy and productive Saturday though, because I managed to finish the 3rd season of Narcos. I am inspired to learn Spanish and visit Columbia.
I wonder what type of drainage they use for their forest in the middle of their cafe? I think I need some type of drainage for my tiredness, so that the fatigue will flow away.

No comments:

Post a Comment