Ads

Thursday, August 24, 2017

85.2/104 – THINGS ARE LOOKING UP


From the top of the mountain, I’m still looking for ways to go higher. That’s why I got a drone.

IMG_20170821_201939_757

Disclaimer: A took this photo

After our exhilarating hike up to Brunswick Mountain, we went to Hoang Yen for some of their infamous fish cake soup:

IMG_20170824_193359_768

Found a post back from 2014 on the Chowtime website (I used to love reading the food adventures of Ben and Suanne from Chowtimes back in university!) that mentioned the line ups in front of this place. Even now, 2017, the same line ups and crowds. I quite liked their noodles, and it wasn’t just because I was starving. I think it would actually have been better if I weren’t just coming off a hike, dehydrated and too tired to eat. The soup was slightly sweet, with a strong dill flavour. If you don’t like dill, don’t order this. I will be back to try more of their dishes. For around $10, this was a satisfying meal for both my tummy and my wallet.

Bun Cha Ca Hoang Yen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Speaking of going back, I know  I said I wouldn’t go back to Brunswick Mountain for another 3 or 4 years, but now, looking at the pictures… WOW.

IMG_20170821_233552_067

This was a painfully steep hike, with a perilous ledge to cross in order to arrive at the summit, which is just a ledge. Very glad it wasn’t windy last Sunday when we went. This was a real test of cardio, because 85% of the way up was at least a 45 degree angle. Then there was the loose rock and scree to scramble up and over. I really regretted not bringing more water and less drone, but hey, B, A, and I made it and we're looking for our next adventure...

Keep climbing!

No comments:

Post a Comment