Ads

Thursday, May 18, 2017

GCM DAY TWO // IT’S A SMALL WORLD AFTERALL


calypso grill views

We started off the day at the Turtle Farm, spent all morning there snorkeling in the little pond with the turtles and fishes. I could tell that H was absolutely loving it, floating there with the turtles, because he ignored me when I asked him whether we should leave (I was getting hungry). We had plans for lunch at Calypso Grill to try their huge shrimp, and I was super excited. We took K and E with us. It turns out that K and E know JCC, who we play dodgeball with! It's strange how we meet these people and never make the time to really know them... 

Also turns out that they only have that specific shrimp dish during dinner, but they had the “small” shrimp for appetizers:
calypso grill

It was super creamery and flavorful, maybe the freshest and most delicious shrimp I’ve ever had in my life.
calypso grill

H had the Wahoo Fish Burger, which really did taste like chicken (sorry! it’s the best way to describe it!), mostly because of the texture:
calypso grill

I had the alfredo with clams, al dente pasta and amaaaazing clams:
calypso grill

Then, the four of us shared their famous sticky toffee pudding:
calypso grill

This was irresistible. I was stuffed already, but I couldn’t say no to the perfect balance of melted toffee and cake and ice cream. There’s a very good reason that they’re famous for this.

We then visited the Observation Tower at Camana Bay, which really is not much of a tower, and offered this view:
views

Camana Bay was very touristy, and I found a nicer version of the Pineapple Cup that I had wanted to get from Indigo a few weeks ago:
camana bay

Can you see how much this costs?

Island life is expensive.

Back to GCM Day One: GCM DAY ONE // JERK CHICKEN TOUR - Chicken! Chicken!

Continue on the Jerk Chicken Tour...


No comments:

Post a Comment