Ads

Sunday, May 14, 2017

71/104 – PRADO CAFE PT. 1 - FAST FORWARD TO THE FUTURE

Another busy weekend.

Went to the Monplaisir macaron sampling event with B on Saturday. Bumped into J from work with her kids and husband there (still amazes me that she can bring her 2 kids around everywhere and be as cool as a cuke!). We spent a few minutes learning about their all natural macarons. No preservatives! No artificial flavoring! They’re mainly available in Calgary, where they have their headquarters, but I am ready to buy more when they come to Vancouver.  I tried the margarita one, and actually tasted the shot of tequila. There were a bunch of flavors that I’d be really curious to try (champagne?). We also had a few to take home. Perks. Woot.

So we took the macarons to Prado in Gastown, for coffee to balance out the sweetness and to grab a quick bite:
prado

Prado Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - ZomatoThis was the cappuccino (with Monplaisir’s honey lavendar macaron, we couldn’t wait to take a bite of it…). We also shared their feature sandwich (ham, cheese, pesto, cranberry bread). B was surprised that a cappuccino could be so smooth, and I was impressed by the stringy cheese in their sandwich. I had the macchiato. Did I really need the extra caffeine? Yes, because H woke me up at 5:30AM.
I left the extras in the fridge, and ate them today with a regular Nespresso shot:

monplaisir

I need a kick in the butt to hurry up and post about the trip to the Cayman Islands before the rest of life kicks in. Weekend 69 and 70 are currently missing because a lot of wedding stuff happened. Pretty sure it would’ve been helpful if I had a laptop to document on the spot, so I’m now on the hunt for a good one. Recommendations welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment