Ads

Sunday, April 23, 2017

68/104 – WHAT’S HAPPENING VANCOUVER?


No zombie apocalypse yet, but here are two things:

1. I heard about Mealshare a few days ago, and their fundraiser, Tonight for Tomorrow, happening on May 10, 2017. Basically, you eat at one of the participating restaurants, and they’ll donate $1 for each $1 spent to provide food for youth. Simple as that, right? I’m always skeptical about non profits and how much of the proceeds actually go to their cause, but this seems pretty legit. I’ve been to a only a few restaurants on the list for their fundraiser, including Fable Diner

IMG_20161016_124313

This was the milkshake that had Nutella in it. Also contains peanut butter and chocolate syrup. Pretty awesome. Wouldn’t mind coming back to try all the other milkshakes.

FABLE DINERFABLE DINERFABLE DINER

To be honest, we came here last October for R’s birthday, and I think I had the eggs benedict. They didn’t really stand out for me, but the milkshakes sure did. C had the toast with all the greens on top. M had some trucker breakfast, with fat pieces of meat and eggs that looked amazing.

Anyways, you need to eat anyways, right, so why not go to one of these restaurants on May 10th?

Support Mealshare by signing their petition to let them know you’ll be attending: http://www.mealshare.ca/en/tonight-for-tomorrow/

Fable Diner Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Other restaurants I’ve been to on Mealshare’s Tonight for Tomorrow participants list:
Sai Woo
Tuc

2. Ran the Sun Run this year, and finished it in 1hr7min, which means I knocked off a minute from last year, but I’m still so slow. I usually motivate myself by imaging zombies chasing after me, and wondering whether I’d actually survive because everybody else is so fast. I also focus on the bananas and chocolate milk at BC Place afterwards, but THIS YEAR WAS A DEVASTATING DISAPPOINTMENT. Where was the chocolate milk?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

PS - I’m outta here Vancouver! No posts for the next week because I’ll be in Toronto then the Cayman Islands. Find me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment