Ads

Sunday, April 2, 2017

65/104 WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?


pallet coffee

H and I sat at Pallet Coffee, while waiting to meet up with his parents for dim sum at Sun Bo Kong on Saturday. We were at the cafĂ© from around 1030AM to 1130AM, and the line up just would not stop. Luckily we came in early enough to grab 2 comfy chairs by the back and watched the place bustling and hustling. All the tables filled up, and it was not surprising either, because their coffee was on point. I had the macchiato, and learned that the real traditional way to do it is with 2 shots, and just a dollop of foam on one of the shots. Sparkling water on the side to go with it, because the coffee was stronger than Gregor Clegane. Chocolate croissant was good and flakey (I should do a series on croissants... hmmm...). Drip coffee was not bad, but the espresso shots had already ruined it for me.

Pallet Coffee Roasters Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Then, just did some basic shopping, played Munchkins Marvel Edition with M+P. We need the expansion packs.

I had quite a bit of free time today to do whatever I want, and so I wasted about half of that time thinking about things I want to do. Then, I started reading This Changes Everything, and realized that I still haven’t finished this book even though I started it half a year ago, because it gets a bit depressing. I did learn a lot about the state of our world. Really though, what can I do as an individual consumer to try to lower that carbon footprint?

I think another reason I felt off this weekend was because of the offensive jokes at the Yuk Yuk Comedy Club by Jason Rouse this friday. To each their own, but some warning would be nice. The other acts before his were fantastic. 

This weekend was a slow one… Is this what retired life will be like? I hope not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment