Ads

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

47/52 WIND AND RAIN


J, P, S, and I came to the House of Dosas for a catch up dinner on a random weekday, after maybe a year of not seeing each other together. We ordered an appetizer and we each got our own dosa. What is a dosa? My description would be a thick, crispy crepe-like wrap filled with potatoes and meat.

IMG_20161129_203414
Paneer 65

IMG_20161129_203542
Paper Masala with the meat filling

The brutal truth is I didn’t like it. Maybe it’s not my type of food, maybe it was because the food was cold, or maybe I just thought the curry soup/dip in the metal tin on the 2nd picture above was way too salty (kidneys are precious). Maybe my tongue just doesn’t have taste buds for the spices in the dosa filling, but I thought it was extremely bland. The service was average, there’s a really nice lady there but the rest of the guys weren’t too useful, it seemed.

House of Dosas Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

I have had a lot of time alone to think about things this past week… What do I want to do next? What do I want to continue doing? What do I think should change? H is busy with work, and his high stress job is rubbing off on me a bit, and stressing me out too, so I am very sorry in advance for snapping at anyone. It was nice to escape for a bit to Rice Lake on Sunday morning though, during the lull in the storm:
IMG_20161127_093800

It’s very easy to get to, just off the highway, and straight down Lillooet road until you hit the parking lot at the hut. The fishermen were out already and it was just a breath of peaceful.

More about Rice Lake here:
https://www.vancouvertrails.com/trails/rice-lake/
http://vancouverhiatus.com/hiking/rice-lake.html
https://www.outdoorvancouver.ca/featured-trail-rice-lake/


You cannot control the wind, but you can direct the sail.

No comments:

Post a Comment