Ads

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

LOST IN ICELAND – Day 4/5/6/7

We woke up early on Day 4 to do some driving along the Golden Circle where all the tourists go. Cave tours on Day 5, then more driving to chase them waterfalls. Glacier tours on Day 6 (more on this later). Finally, horse riding on Day 7, and a quick dip in the Blue Lagoon before heading home to pack…

View from Skogafoss, which I want come back to for camping and hiking the full trail that goes behind it (Fimmvorouhais or Five-milestone-ridge):

IMG_20160531_092615


Skogafoss (so grey from this view, but it’s actually very green and full of life all around it):

IMG_20160528_120346

Seljalandsfoss:
IMG_20160528_110805

Fish soup at one of the tourist traps to warm up after a windy adventure around Gulfoss and Geysir:

Picked this up at a grocery store to try at the Blue Lagoon:
IMG_20160530_133521

Excellent yogurt! This apparently can now be found at City Market and other stores around Vancouver. Chock full of protein and flavour:
IMG_20160531_085206

I actually was looking forward to going home. Finished reading this joyful book about The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, while sipping on California red wine (H also bought a Spanish one that I just did not like) and eating Japanese ramen soup:

IMG_20160531_121133

I almost lost my passport – after locking up the AirBNB house behind us, and before piling into the car, I checked for my passport one last time and realized the passport was GONE. Panic ensued at least for me for a good 30 minutes as we tried to break into the house (fish hook style twig, Go Pro stick with gum on the end, plastic bag tied to the end of a stick…). Finally, the owner came and opened the door for us. The darn passport was under the bed. How did it get there? H will know best, and I won’t talk about it anymore. Good thing I love him…

No comments:

Post a Comment